INTRODUCTION OF MADHYAPUR THIMI BISKA JATRA
Madhyapur Thimi is a medieval town of Kathmandu valley which lies at center of three major cities of Kathmandu valley: Bhaktapur, Lalitpur and Kathmandu. This ancient city with rich cultural and traditional valuesis located in about eight kilometerseast of Kathmandu.The city is famous for its traditional pottery.
Commonly known as Sindur jatra,Bisket Jatra is celebrated in Thimi during start of Bikram Sambat: 1st and 2nd of every Baiksak. People greet each other throwing simrik powder on backdrop of traditional Newari Dhime music. People from different parts of Madhyapur Thimi gather at Balkumari Thimi carrying chariot of their own deities.In Bode, a place close to Thimi celebrate tongue piercing ceremony where resident marchers to different parts of the city with his tongue piercedby iron needle of about one feet long.A team of traditional music players, local people and visitors march along with the person carrying Chirag on hisshoulder.
In Biska Jatra Photography Contest participants will have an opportunity to explore different activities of Biska Jatra festival and interact with local to understand their culture.
OBJECTIVES OF THE CONTEST
– Promote the Biska Jatra Festival of Madhyapur Thimi from the eyes of a photographer
– Promote the cultures/festivals of Nepal
– Promote culture photography
WHERE TO TAKE PHOTOGRAPHS?
The basic objective of the content is to promote the Biska: Jatra Festival of Madhyapur Thimi, so all the photos must be taken at premises of Madhyapur Thimi.
Location Map of Madhyapur Thimi:
WHAT TO CLICK?
The contest is organized to capture the moments of Biska Jatra. So all the photos should reflect the festival(Jatra).
Biska: Jatra: Baisakh 1 & 2 (participant should take photo on this day)
Photo Submission: Baisakh 3 – 7
Voting: Baisakh 3 – 10
Send us an email with your Photograph (at least 2mb) along with your name, contact number.
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT ARE THE TERMS AND CONTIONS OF THE CONTEST?
– Entry is open for all the Nepali people and Foreigners
– Each participant can submit only 1 photograph
– Photo must be taken by the entrants themselves and it must be of this year’s Biska Jatra.
– The photo must reflect the positive and cultural aspects/importance of the festival. Using a good caption/description for photos is highly recommended and is compulsory.
– Digitally manipulated or cropped photos will not be accepted.(Minor adjustments, including spotting, dodging and burning, sharpening, contrast and slight colour adjustment or the digital equivalents, are acceptable. But the entrant should mention this during the submission and submit the original file as well).
– Photograph with watermarks will not be accepted.
– The organizer reserves the right to amend competition rules at any time.
– The organizers have all the rights regarding the selection of the winner.
– By entering the competition, the contestant will grant rights to the organizer to use the photographs for promotional use.
– For submission, contestant must email their photograph with all the mentioned details.
– By sending your entry you accept all the terms and conditions of the competition.
WHO WILL BE THE WINNERS?
will be update soon…
For more details and queries : –
Our facebook Page – Biskaa: Jatra